Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Karen and Franks Wddding

My buddy Peter called me up on the phone a few weeks ago looking for a 2nd shooter for a wedding of his, I was glad to oblige. The wedding was that Saturday for a friend of his, Karen. Here are a few of the highlights that I captured.

Photobucket

Catching Pete at work.

The wedding was at a Chappel in the Anaheim Hills, I got to ride in the limo going up to the place. Totally over rated. The driver was really weird ... and the Limo smelled like wet leather. Oh and the air conditioning did not work as well as it could have ... anyways ....

Photobucket



Photobucket

Duriing the 45 minute ceremony, I staked out a sweet spot above the crowd in the back of the church on the balcony. Often times, you see spots like this .. but you have to go with the for sure spot. Luckily, this was Peters wedding, and he was covering that. So I tried something different.

Photobucket

Totally didn't work, but its a start, and a good idea! Though I probably should have told Pete about this when I gave him the images ... I can image him looking at this going "what thee ..." I am definitly doing this again. I was working this out with one camera, and all of a sudden they pull out the rings and I need to be getting to the shots that I needed to get! The forty five minute ceremony was suddenly a twenty minute ceremony! whoops! Caught us both off guard with that one, but we got lucky and got the shots we needed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ran back to the secret room off to the side in time to catch the newlyweds ..

Photobucket

Luckily there were children in the room.

Shortly after this it was off to the reception in Orange at that big restaurant on the hill ... the Limo still smelled kinda funny, and it had a hell of a time getting up that hill! We were to the part of the weddings I most enjoy, the after party! Everyones having a good time now, ties are losened a bit and the flasks come out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was just no way this was ever going to be an acceptable color imgage. The red Channel was just blown the hell out. Hopefully the raw image that peter got gave him a bit more play with the color. I had no choice on it but to bw it, and normally you probably wouldn't find it posted in a blog ... but I still the dig the image, so here it is, deal with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We will end it with a truely epic image.

Photobucket

This wedding was a lot of fun. I had a great time photographing it, and I am sure Peter did as well. Thanks Peter for brining me a long! Check out Peters work at http://imagesbypeter.smugmug.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/pages/Peter-Leal-Photography/350298726005

No comments:

Post a Comment