Tuesday, December 22, 2009

These are from a house show in Highland park a week ago. For the rest of them go to http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&bID=523213706


Photobucket


Photobucket


shows like this I almost always will shoot direct flash. Bounce flash has a tendancy to look really fake. I don't use a diffuser on my flash because I really do enjoy the harshness of the bare flash. I have my flash set to be narrower than my lens, I get a nice vignette that way. For example, I will use a 24mm lens, and my flash will be set to 28 or 35mm, when I shoot wider than 24mm (down to 15) I keep it set at 24mm. When subjects are bouncing around near you, and also when you are so close to your subjects, my flash tends to overexpose, I often will photograph with my flash set to 1 or 2 stops under. I can bring an underexposed image back up (yes it adds alot of noise, but for these images, i feel it does not hinder them) but there is nothing worse than blowing something out right in the middle of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment