Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cross Country Part 1

I have been living in NYC now for a little over two months. We left California May 1st, and arrived in Long Island on the 15th. We found jobs, and found an apartment we could actually afford in Manhattan. Not that we are in a hip and cool part of the city, but its the same size as our old apartment in Long Beach! We sold the car, so we are stuck here.

Driving cross country was an amazing experience. It is something that I feel everyone should do at some point in their lives. It is part of growing up in the United States. It is a must do.

We drove through the southern part of the states, and we visted a lot of cities and towns along the way. Tuscon, Tombstone, Las Cruces, Roswell, Fort Worth, Austin, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Memphis, and Nashville were all major stops for us. I took well over two thousand photos, and so did she. We have had a lot to go through!

I am getting a little angsty, so I am going to skip the writing and go straight to some photos. Actually, I think I am just hungry. Pizza time. Brb. Alright, three pieces later, I am a happier camper. I think its time to post some pics and go wander around town.




Leaving California we had to make a stopover at Slab City and Salvation Mountain. The rumors are true, Lenard Knight is now in a home. There is a co-op of people from Slab City that are maintaining his mountain. I wish Lenard the best, he is a truly special man with a lot of love in his heart.



Sunset in Arizona just outside of Tuscon.


A cemetery outside of Tuscon.


Tombstone Arizona. Tombstone was pretty awesome. I am big on cheesy road side attractions. I can't get enough of em.




Roswell New Mexico. Odd little town. I highly recommend eating at the Cowboy Cafe, and partaking in every single cheesy alien thing you can find. When else in your life will you do that again? Never. Unless you go back to Roswell ...

No comments:

Post a Comment