Monday, October 18, 2010

Boozy Floozy Burlesque @ Galaxy Theatre

Well. This post is about a week too late. My Internets been down, so we can all blame that pain in the butt. Two weeks ago Thursday, the Boozy Floozies stormed the Galaxy Theatre with another of their monthly burlesque shows. I shot about 2/3rds of the show from the back and I think I got some fantastic shots that I have not gotten before. So, without more blah blah blah, on with the photographs?




Simone Danalustrous





Brett of Huge Blues playing harmonica during the show opening.



Little sister watches her big sister Billy Black before the show.


Lil sister gets to be the Boozy Floozy cigarette girl! James forgot lil sisters name ....








The opening number.


Diddi and Solomae DeWinter backstage after their first dance as Boozy Floozies.


Bella rushes out to the stage for her balloon pop dance.






Munnie Malone



Pretty Boy applies his "makeup".


Simone Danalusterous and Billie Black


Simone Danalustrous's gorgeous fan dance.


Ms. Scarlett and Billie Black


Siamese Twins with Lola Lolita and Diddi.





Munnie Malone








Ms Scarlett and Pretty Boy




Lola Lolita




Bella Leaves out of the side door of the Galaxy for the Boozy Floozy take on L.S.D.




From my point of view this was one of their best shows. The house was packed, which was great to see. The girls are really working hard to make this happen every month and its great to see it continue to grow. Its been a year now since the Floozies 1st graced the stage at California Girls in Anaheim. The troupe has grown as has their audience. I am really looking forward to see where Ms Scarlett, Simone and Bella take the troupe. Next show will be in November. look for info at http://www.myspace.com/boozyfloozyburlesque

The technical stuff: everything was shot with a canon 5D with either a 24-70 2.8 or a 15-30 wide angle zoom lens. ALMOST everything was shot at 3200 ISO on manual settings. I am looking forward to investing in a 50D fairly soon ... I have been really tempted to rock a 1D mkII n, but the high ISO of the 50D is winning  me over. Either way, I need a better backup body and something that is faster than the 5D. Almost everything was shot with ambient light, but the few images I used flash on I rock a canon 580EX flash.

ALSO. Check out Miles Shaffer's review of the August show! http://ainews.com/story/18159/

3 comments:

  1. We absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.

    Would you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
    I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome website!

    Visit my blog: visit this link

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's
    equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something too few people are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i'm very happy that I came across this during my hunt for something regarding this.

    Also visit my web-site Naked Bodybuider

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you,
    However I am going through issues with your RSS. I don't know why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone else getting similar RSS issues? Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

    Also visit my weblog Hot Man Ass Video [prwebfire.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete